Egg Muffins, or more simpler called as mini egg cakes are great for breakfast and brunch. JB always loves this and insists on egg muffins over plain omelette for our Sunday breakfast. He is more happy if I don't use oil in it, innocently satisfied that it is fat free (from oil at least!)
I was hooked ever since I saw them at Kalyn's Kitchen. Man she has some of the awesome varieties in her blog with great choice of veggies that can go in. I suggest you do take some time and check in those muffins. I wanted to blog this post much before, it was sitting in my drafts for more than four months now. The ingredients used in this are simple and easy to find like basil, green onions, your choice of cheese and milk. You can play with the ingredients by adding mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, red peppers, asparagus, cooked meat like turkey, chicken etc.
Source: adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen
Cuisine: American, International
Prep time: 5 mins
Bake time: 20 mins
Makes: 2 people
2 T whole milk
1/3 C feta cheese (goat cheese),crumbled
2 T fresh basil, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 t garam masala powder or any spice mix of your choice
1/2 t cayenne pepper/chilli powder
freshly grounded black pepper
salt to taste
oil to spray the muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/185 degrees C and oil spray the muffin tray.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, beat it so that the yolks are mixed well with the egg whites.
- Add milk, garam masala, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt and stir well.
- Add the green onions, basil and feta cheese. Mix well and pour in the muffin tray, I filled it half only but you can go ahead and fill fully. So that muffins will be fluffy and bigger in size. Mine was dwarfish :(
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly browned and cooked.
- Makes 8-9 small muffins. Serve hot with your favorite bread or simply eat with tomato ketchup.
More Egg recipes from my blog:
Stuffed Egg bread potlis