This is a very quick and easy recipe for making pie crust more suitable for savory pies and quiche and not meant for dessert or sweet pies... Very simple and easy. I adapted from Allrecipes.com and made few changes as per the reviews written below in the link. If you are making a sweet dish reduce the salt to half teaspoon. And above all it is homemade.
Recipe source: Allrecipes.com
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
1½ C All purpose flour (Maida)
2 t sugar
1 t salt
½ C olive oil/vegetable oil
2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200 °C).
- Place all ingredients in 9 inch pie pan or a large bowl. Stir together with clean hands.
- For even layer without bumps, try adding little more milk and olive oil, just eyeball (andaza) it while mixing the flour mixture.
- Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. I did not have a pie pan so used round cake pan instead. You can use steel plate or thali which has at least 1.5- 2 inches depth. Poke holes in bottom and side of crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Use as directed in favorite pie recipe.
I made this pie crust for mushroom spinach quiche as seen in the above picture. Recipe for the quiche will follow soon.....