Usha from My Spicy Kitchen invited me to make something for her Fabulous Feast Friday # 3 event and I thought why not make a dish and post something on my blog. Blog! pheww!! my blog has been sitting around doing nothing but gathering dust and no cobwebs and spider crawls which are blogessentials to make your blog popular and pop up on search engines.
This foodie feast is an opportunity for my blog to rise and shine once again in the blogosphere and from my hibernation of course $#@#&^ eyes rolling.....Thanks Usha!!
This is my fastest ever Chicken dish made in a jiff with 5 main ingredients and who knew we can use the same ingredients and some spices to make bagara rice that goes well with any non-veg dish and here goes the recipe for
Zippy Chicken Fry
(with less than 7 ingredients)
Source: My Signature recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20-30 mins
Serves: 4 servings
4-5 Chicken legs pieces (1kg/2lbs approx)
1 medium onion, thinly slices
1 green chilli chopped finely
1/2 t turmeric/haldi/pasupu
2T ginger garlic paste
1t Garam masala
1t Chilli powder/mirchi powder/karam
2T chopped cilantro/dhaniya/kothimir
1/4 C water
salt as per taste
I used a nonstick sauce pan for this recipe (recommended)
- I usually get the chicken from halal meat and usually go for chicken legs and thighs and ask the butcher to make small pieces. Wash the chicken in luke warm water at least one time and add the half teaspoon of turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and saute onions. Once they are translucent add the chopped green chillies and saute for another minute.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute. Make sure you don't burn the paste or else it will give a bitter taste to the chicken.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt and cover it with a lid. Let the chicken cook on a medium high flame for about 15 mins. since we cleaned the chicken in water there will be enough moisture for the chicken to cook through. If at any point you feel that the water is evaporated then do add 1/4th cup of water.
- When the chicken is thoroughly cooked take off the lid and start adding garam masala powder and the chilli powder. Now turn on the flame to high and fry the chicken till all the moisture dries up and the oil leaves from the sides.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool for a bit. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with Bagara Rice and Tomato Cucumber in sour cream Raita..
sending my entry to My Spicy Kitchen's even Fabulous Feast Friday #3