Chicken 65 is one of my favourite comfort food when it comes to non vegetarian. I learned it from my cousin sister. Both my cousins cook wonderful, delicious and mouth watering non vegetarian (mostly chicken, fish, seafood and goat or lamb) dishes. Gosh! I have so much to learn from them.
So here goes the recipe for this mouth watering Chicken Appetizer.
Please don't ask me why it is called Chicken 65? not that I made exactly 65 pieces of chicken. Vague, isn't it? I will let you all know once I find it out.
Recipe Source: Satya Akka
Cuisine: South Indian Cuisine ~ Andhra
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 pounds (1.4 kgs) tender chicken breasts
boneless, skinless and cubed into 1 inch pieces
3 tsp red chilli powder (adjust as per your spice level)
Juice of half lime or lemon
freshly ground black pepper
salt as per taste
½ tsp ajinomoto salt
¾ cup corn flour
2 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp corn meal (for crunchiness)
½ cup water
oil for deep frying
roughly chopped onions and chopped cilantro
- Clean and cut chicken into one inch cubes and marinate with the first five ingredients in the list. Marinate overnight or at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare batter with rest of all ingredients from the list, add enough water to make a smooth batter similar to pancake consistency.
- Pour the batter over marinated chicken cubes, mix nicely so that all pieces are coated well. Deep fry the chicken pieces batch wise.
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel and garnish with freshly chopped onions and cilantro. Serve hot!!!
- The leftover pieces (if any) can be stored in a ziploc bag and heat it in oven at 350°F [176°C] or in microwave on high for 1 minute depending on the leftover quantity.