"At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps,
- Jawaharlal Nehru (on Indian Independence Day, 1947)
I have many cherished moments as a kid when we used to assemble in our school grounds and sing "Jana Gana Mana...." our National Anthem. We used to get lot of chocolates and sweets on this day at school. I remember my father brings home these small flags we can tuck on our uniforms. Coming home after the flag hoisting me, my brother and sister used to count the number of chocolates we received from our class teacher/leader. Though who had some influence , chipped in most. Ohh so wonderful time spent with my brother and sister and my classmates!
Happy Independence Day to one and all!
Source: My Own
Prep time: 5 mins
½ C fresh spinach, chopped
1 Carrot, peeled and grated
¼ c Feta cheese/goat cheese or Paneer
for vinaigrette dressing:
1 T fresh lemon juice
Salt as per taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1 T extra virgin olive oil
Handful of toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Combine chopped spinach, grated carrot and feta cheese or if you are using paneer, then chop into small cubes. Toss them in a large salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk lemon juice with extra virgin olive oil, add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour freshly prepared vinaigrette into the salad and toss well.
- Before serving garnish with toasted pine nuts or any nuts of your choice.
Vande Mataram --