Spaghetti with roasted peppers and basilThis is the first time I am trying Spaghetti at home, hope you all will enjoy this.
Source: Adapted from Giada's Everyday Italian
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 5-6 people
1 small bunch of uncooked spaghetti (I use Barilla)
3 bell peppers, red, orange and yellow
4 tbsp of pasta sauce (tuttoroso/ragu)
1 big clove of garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
½ of lime/lemon juice
½ of fresh basil leaves, torn
1 tbsp of roasted peanuts, coarsely grind
1 tsp of chilli powder (cayenne)
1 tbsp of grated cheese
1 tsp of butter
2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
salt as per taste
ground black pepper for seasoning
slivered peppers for roasting in extra-virgin olive oilMethod:
- Cut the peppers lengthwise as shown in the above picture, coat them with 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil, sprinkle some salt and ground pepper. Toss and roast it on a tava or in oven till the edges are browned.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the box, check al-dente, drain and keep aside.
- While the peppers are roasted heat butter and 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil in a large sauce pan, saute garlic and shallots.
- To this add the pasta sauce, chilly (cayenne) powder, salt. mix and add the roasted peppers, stir well for a minute or two.
- Toss in spaghetti and add lime/lemon juice, roasted peanuts, torn basil leaves and let all the flavors combine.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese and serve hot.
Spaghetti with roasted peppers