Stuffed egg bread potlis, halved and served with ketchup
Stuffed egg bread potlis/small pouches are my new invention in finger foods, I tried them for the first time when a dear friend visited us. I wanted to make something different, unique, loaded with veggies and yet tasty for her kids. This is a quick easy, simple recipe and very entertaining because of its color. I am sure you gonna love this. I used egg batter for coating the potlis which can be easily substituted by besan (chickpea flour) batter and you need to deep fry this in oil juz like fritters or pakodas.
Source: My own
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
8-10 regular bread slices, trim the hard ends
1 cup of mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peas,corn)
2 red beets
1 large potato, boiled
1 medium onion
2 tbs grated ginger
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs almonds, chopped
1 tbs green chillies,finely chopped
1/4 cup oil for frying
1/4 tsp chilli powder (cayenne)
Salt and pepper
- Boil in a pressure cooker the mixed vegetables and red beet.
- In a dish mash the boiled vegetables and boiled potato.
- Add chopped onions, almonds, ginger, lemon juice, green chillies, salt, pepper to the mixed vegetables and mix properly.
- In a separate container, beat the eggs thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Take one slice of bread and pat it with warm water to make it soft.
- Then take it in the cup of your left hand and add some of the vegetable mixture in the middle of the bread and close the sides of the bread.
- Dip this in the beaten egg mixture and fry it till golden brown, it will have french toast texture and don't worry its less oily.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
stuffed egg bread potlis/small pouches